Drilling Engineers, Completion Engineers, and Production Services personnel involved in the design of casing and tubing configurations for well completions projects.
The course focuses on understanding of all critical subjects required to understand the structural mechanics of downhole tubulars and gain proficiency & confidence in developing safe and cost effective tubing design. Material aspects, connection selection, load cases, design factors, Stress-Strain issues related to Completion String designs and its impact in real life applications will be covered Emphasis will be made on practical hand calculations around tubing movement analysis and the introduction to the use key industry tubing movement and stress analysis software.
- Introduction to Tubular metallurgy.
- Concept of Stress & Strain with metals.
- Burst, Collapse, axial and Tri-axial completion loads.
- Introduction to Packers and PBR Completions.
- Stress analysis for different materials.
- Load generation and application for Completions.
- Safety factor considerations.
- New Technology applications.
- Use of industry software.
- Class Exercises.