Completions, Production engineers and Reservoir engineers, geologist and other technical candidates involved in well completions and require an understanding of hydraulic fracturing stimulation applications for oil and gas wells.
The course takes a practical approach to the applications of hydraulic fracturing. Fracturing technology is explained to show its benefits and limitations in all types of sandstone and carbonate reservoirs. All aspects of the planning, designing, & implementation of fracturing treatments are covered.
- Introduction to hydraulic fracturing
- Reservoir response from fracturing
- Rock stresses
- Fracture geometry
- Fracture fluids and proppants
- Treatment design and scheduling
- Fracturing pressure analysis
- Effect of pressure on height growth
- Field application and quality control
- Practical exercises