Well Completions System Design
Completion, Drilling, Production engineers and Supervisors and oil and gas technical professionals requiring a thorough understanding of Completion Engineering practices.
This course will provide attending candidates knowledge of Completion Engineering process and its importance on improved well productivity and overall business profitability. It will present the entire multidisciplinary approach to the process involving subsurface engineering, Drilling Engineering & Petroleum Engineering. The course will identify critical reservoir parameters influencing completion designs, methods of evaluating reservoir potentials, sandface completion techniques, selection & design of completion equipment and tubular components and well productivity enhancement practices. The course will present a review of various completion architecture and basic project management deliverables to ensure a successful fit for purpose completion design and installation.
- Introduction to Well Completions Systems
- Multidisciplinary nature of Completion Engineering process
- Understanding the reservoir potential and well performance
- Basic completion system configurations
- Wellbore preparation & completion fluids system
- Perforating Systems & technology
- Completion Equipment: Function & Application
- Sand Control Completions
- Well productivity enhancement: Formation Damage, Matrix treatment & Hydraulic Fracturing
- Tubular selection & Stress Analysis
- Material Selection
- Fundamentals of Completions project management
- Completions Architecture Reviews