Introduction to Oilfield Drilling
Drilling Engineers, Completions Engineers, Petroleum Engineers, Reservoir Engineers, Geologists, Geophysicists, Service Company Engineers, interested in obtaining critical foundation knowledge of oilfield drilling engineering practices.
This course is designed to provide entry level engineers a concise introduction to drilling engineering principles in the oilfield and the importance of the well construction process in the ultimate delivery of a successful well completion.
- E&P and Well Construction Processes
- Drilling Rig Components and Crews
- Pore Pressures, Overburden, Kick Tolerance etc...
- Casing Seat Selection and Casing Configurations
- Drill Bits, Drillstrings & BHA Design
- Drilling Fluids and Cementing Technology
- Drilling Program and Reports
- Drilling Operations, Procedures and Problems
- Basic Well Control
- Formation Evaluation Techniques
- Suspension and Abandonment Techniques