Fundamentals of Reservoir Engineering
Reservoir engineers, Geologist, Geophysicists, Drilling engineers, Completions and Production engineers, Trainee petroleum engineers, Technical managers, Service company personnel, and technical staffs involved with reservoir definition, development, and production.
This course is designed to introduce the key fundamentals of reservoir engineering principles to the attendees. A complete and concise understanding of the characteristics of oil and gas reservoirs, from fluid and rock characteristics will be provided. Emphasis will be placed on reservoir engineering methods, ranging from specific geological and geophysical techniques applied to reservoirs, to the basics of reservoir simulation, with reference to well logging, fluid PVT studies and well testing.
- Introduction to reservoir engineering.
- Reservoir fluid properties and rock properties.
- Fundamentals of fluid flow.
- Reservoir classification techniques.
- Methods to determine fluids in place.
- Identification of production-drive mechanisms.
- Reservoir Performance forecast.
- Pressure-maintenance schemes and secondary recovery.
- Introduction to field development.